This tutorial gives you step by step instruction on how to use PubMed Central for you Nutrition 310 Bibliography assignment.
Use the arrows below to navigate through the tutorial. You can click on the Undock button on top, next to the X icon, to move this tutorial around by pointing the the mouse at the top of this box. You will see a 4 way arrow icon; drag the box to where you like it to be.
- To begin, click on the "Advanced" under the search box.
- Next, in the first row under "Builder," click on the pull-down menu under "All Fields" and select "Journal."
- Then paste the following string to the entry box on the right column:
"American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" OR "Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics" OR "Journal of the American Dietetic Association" OR "Journal of Nutrition" OR "Journal of Nutrition Education" OR "Advances in Nutrition" OR "Food science and nutrition" OR "Infant, child & adolescent nutrition" OR "Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics" OR "Journal of nutrition education and behavior" OR "The Journal of the American College of Nutrition" OR "Nutrition research (New York, N.Y.)"
- In the second row, click on the pull-down menu under "All Fields" and select "Abstract."
- Then enter search terms for your research question. Put parentheses around terms for the same concept, ORs between terms for the same concept, and ANDs between concepts, as in the following example:
("processed food*" OR "trans fat*" OR "saturated fat*") AND (child* OR youth OR teen* OR adolescen* OR school*)
- [Note: the words AND and OR must be CAPITALIZED in this database]
- Click on the Search button or press Enter.